Sunday, January 29, 2017

Artichokes

I had eaten artichokes maybe ONCE before last summer, when Jonathan introduced me to the exemplary vegetable.  I certainly don't remember them being as delicious as I find them now!  They are especially easy to cook in a pressure cooker, eliminating the almost hour it takes to steam them in a regular pan.  Whip up some melted butter with fresh lemon juice and you've got a tasty treat that is totally on diet!


Which, by the way, is going really well.  I am truly astounded at my not eating sugar of any kind for almost a week now.  It is truly unheard of for me.  I have discovered different carb free sweeteners, and recipes for making treats with other kinds of flours, and it's just not the same.  But I am going to stick with it, and look forward to carb night!

No comments: