Friday, January 20, 2017

Midway Ice Castles

Today was the inauguration of our new President, which has been hotly contested and protested by many.  I'm not sure when they just get over their tantrums and deal with the fact that he IS our president, like him or not, but whatever.  It just seems a waste to focus so heavily on something you don't like.  Go spend your time doing something useful that will better your own little corner of the world.


I did some more playing with the resist medium today.  I think I just really don't like the thick stuff straight out of the bottle.


But the idea is still really cool.  I like Mad and Joni's faux envelope better.  It's a struggle to get clean lines with the thick tip, and even harder to get thicker downstrokes without using a ton of the medium.


This evening we met Jon's sister, Tara, and her husband, Dustin up at Midway for the Ice Castles.  It is SO COOL to be up there at night when they are all lit up.


The girls had a great time wandering, and thankfully everyone was warm enough, and no one got hurt!


The lights all change colors intermittently, and there are tons of cool little benches and ledges to take pictures on.


Also many alcoves to hide in!


It was horribly backlit, but they had fashioned an ice throne.  It was pretty amazing in its intricacy.  I wish I could have gotten a better picture of it.


We had a great evening as a family!  I'm so glad we came up!

No comments: