Sunday, February 5, 2017

Singing Time

This song leader calling is pretty challenging.  I've got all the ages in at once because the Primary isn't that large here, so there's the old struggle of dealing with 11 year olds who feel too old to be here, and little sunbeams who can't sit still, let alone read.  Then there's the enormous amount of preparation and work that goes into each week's planning.  There are some AWESOME ideas out there, and I follow the Facebook group for primary song leaders, but burnout is a real thing.  It seems to go well every week, though, and I don't have any real problems with the kids, so I keep plugging along, doing simple things where I can.

Today's was not necessarily simple prep.  I hand cut out all these foot prints to teach Choose the Right.  It was a fun activity, but I had better use these dang footprints again!!!

No comments: