Monday, July 4, 2016

Independence Day!

Once again, street fireworks are allowed here in my neighborhood, but not in Grandmere and Bapa's, so we are getting ready to host for fireworks after dinner up there!  I saw this idea on Pinterest, so we will see how it works out!  (Shhh, I didn't clear it with the landlord...)


The girls were very excited about the proceedings, and of course wanted to help.


They all put on their game faces and looked super cool on the way up to Grandmere's.


These little faces kill me!


Always such a lovely table set for our dinners.


We broke out the pool for the hot day for all the kids.


Thomas thinks getting in with the girls is the best!


Happy little people all around.


After playing in the pool, we did the obligatory family pictures.


But we had some fun, too.


Well, Thomas didn't!


At least not while the girls had him!


Fireworks at our house was really fun afterwards.  Jonathan came over and we all had a great time watching them go off.  Fireworks make me laugh...I'm not even sure what about them delights me, but I fully laugh out loud.  I was holding Thomas for one of the whistling petes, that are SO loud.  They made me laugh, and I was laughing so hard I didn't even notice that Thomas was cowering and crying in my lap because of the whistling!  Poor little man.


The girls always enjoy sparklers.


Mimi needed a refresher course in how to safely handle sparklers, but once she understood she was fine.


After our little firework party was over, Jonathan and i cleaned up the mess in the road, and while we were a neighbor came by and told us about a big show further up in the neighborhood.  The girls know a couple of this lady's kids, and so we said they could go and watch.  We followed a bit later, and it was really fun.  They must have spent a fortune, and I got to laugh my delight at a bunch more fireworks!  Happy Independence Day!

No comments: