Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day!

The girls were super excited this morning.  Mac and Mimi had made these cute candy posters at Activity Days.  For clarity, Mimi's reads:  Mo, you are so Extra sweet!  You fill me with (Almond) Joy (m)&(m) you have Mounds of fun!  You somehow be weird but in a good (Milky) Way!  Thank you for Raisin(s) me!  Happy Mother's Day from Mimi!  I had a good laugh.  Especially at the funny grammatical error!


Mac's is sweet.  Dear Mommy, you are Extra sweet.  I love you to the Milky Way and back!  Thank you for doing Mounds of dishes.  Thank you for Raisin(s) me!  Happy Mother's Day!  Then she added extra M&Ms and an Almond Joy for good measure.


Mimi had made these fun little art sheets.  Accordion folded, if you look at them one way they are a caterpillar, if you look at them the other, there is a butterfly.


Mimi's school class had made these little folded books.


Leiden got Jon in on the fun and he got her a wood burning tool.  She made these cute little kitchen utensils with fun sayings on them.  My favorite is definitely WTF!


Jon's gift to me is still forthcoming, but very touching.  He is going to get me a magnolia tree, and plans to get one each time we have a baby!  We spent some time today looking at the different varieties and I found the one I want!  It will come soon, and the blooms will look something like this.  I am super excited.


This afternoon we went up to Grandmere and Bapa's house for dinner, and I brought my mom's favorite Chocolate Torte, and dressed it up a bit with some of her special names.


After dinner we went outside to take some pictures.  Our little growing family!


And crazy with baby bump!


These girls are my heart, and I'm so excited to add to the number of people who will call me mom.


This one is great, with real smiles and happiness from everyone.


Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: