Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Another Halloween Dinner and AWESOME Bread

Another Halloween endeavor the other night. They actually turned out pretty cute, and the stew was good, too! The girls seem less than impressed--I knew Mac was too little to care, but I thought Leiden would be a little more excited. Oh, well. I walk a fine line trying to find the 'cute' Halloween themed dinners and the gross ones. When they're older, the gross ones will be fine, but stewed eyeballs would not go over with little Leiden.



Here was the best part, though. This bread was amazing. Truly wonderful. Think European artisan bakery bread--crusty on the outside and tender on the inside, with just the right amount of saltiness. The only catch? You have to make it in the dutch oven, which you can put in your regular oven, but it's still cumbersome. Remember the burn on Mac's arm? I now have a similar one on my arm. But much tinier. I barely touched the dutch oven while it was hot--immediate blistering. But, the bread was really good.



Even Mac, who is not a bread fan, liked it.

No comments: