Sunday, November 1, 2009

Second Mid-Pregnancy Ultrasound

So at my first mid-pregnancy ultrasound, they were unable to get a profile shot, so I had to go back and do another. Fine by me! So this was at about 22.5 weeks. It's amazing what difference a couple weeks makes in what you can see and make out in an ultrasound. The tech told me that they would do all ultrasounds later in pregnancy, but there is only a small window of a few weeks where the measurements are accurate. Here is baby's profile.


She was moving all around--although not head down! I am seriously praying for that to happen. I really don't want to deal with a breech baby. At any rate, this is a picture of the baby opening her mouth to swallow, which the tech told me you don't actually see very often.


This is the same picture, but labeled, so you know what the heck I'm talking about. You can see her jaw bones opening wide and the darker color going into her mouth and throat, which is the amniotic fluid. Amazing. It looks kind of macabre, but it's amazing.


I was also anxious for the tech to reassure me that it was, in fact, a girl. It is! I think at this point, if I had been told otherwise, I would be even more disappointed about the change than I was about the initial news! So, little girl Macdonald, coming sometime right around February 18, 2010.

1 comment:

Emily said...

again, congrats! Tell Brad he can come hang out with Matt if he needs some testosterone:)