Saturday, November 30, 2013

Christmastime!

Christmas time it is!  It's up to me this year to get lights on my house if I want them there.  I chose to get up on the roof as opposed to climbing up and down the rickety ladder...and let me say that I DID NOT like being up there.  Too scary.  And the ladder IS rickety.  Leiden did the honors of documenting the occasion.


Also grabbed some of her sisters.


This one of Mimi is particularly funny...Mimi is getting the mail, which she loves to do.  And she is entirely out of focus.  However, Leiden does a pretty darn good job with the giant camera.


I ever so carefully got my phone out of my pocket to document things myself...


But I got them done!  I only got on the roof for the west side of the front.  The overhang in the middle of the house was scary and I didn't dare put my weight on it, so up and down the ladder it was.


Our house is lit!


I also dragged the tree in today from the garage...wow, it's heavy.  And we got it all decorated.


The girls were very excited at all the goings on.


They helped put on ornaments, until attention spans demanded they change activities.


Mimi is SO excited.


My Christmas Girls!


Also broken out today were their individual trees, which they took great delight in decorating in the hall.  Then none of them wanted them turned on in their rooms at bedtime.  Mimi's was on for a while, then about 45 minutes after I put her down, she came back out wanting it off.  Okay.


Disappointed, however, in the left hand side of the garland...it's out!  Perhaps made more frustrating because the OTHER end was out and I had to re light it.  I guess their time limit is up.


Glad to be decorated for Christmas!

No comments: