Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Slurpee Day

It's 7-11!  We had Thomas, and we decided to head over to the 7-11 for free slurpees before we headed to Wheeler Farm to meet Meghan and her kids!


Let me tell you what...they had a new flavor today...CAPTAIN CRUNCH BERRIES.  In Slurpee form.  I was quite skeptical until I tasted it.  It was actually REALLY good.  I love that cereal, but it scratches the top of my mouth and then just turns mushy.  But this.  The flavor was spot on, and I don't even know how they did it!  A very pleasant surprise.


It was so good to see Meghan.  It's been a while, and it was so fun to catch up.  Unfortunately Ella wasn't with them, so Leiden was a little bit bored.  She's definitely growing up, and I have such mixed feelings about it!


Thomas had a great time looking at the animals and especially the giant farm implements they have around the place.


Our artichoke plant has done really well, and one of the smaller artichokes we just let grow because it was so small has bloomed.  I forget that the artichoke is the FLOWER of the plant, and boy are they pretty!  Definitely a member of the thistle family, they are giant balls with soft purple spikes coming out of them! 

No comments: