Sunday, June 7, 2009

Como Zoo

Last Friday at about 2:15, Brad called me and asked me what I was doing. Mac was asleep, so I was just being lazy. He then told me he was on his way home (!) and that we were going to the zoo. Leiden has wanted to see the lions for weeks, so off we went. Here are the best of the bunch.









We did get to see the lions, but of course they were sleeping. All four of them. Leiden, of course, had the shortest attention span of all of us, Mac included. We'd barely stop in front of an animal, and she would turn to me and ask me what animal we were going to see next. We zipped right through there! She did like the baby orangutan! Mac liked the fishes.
Mac is saying a ton of words, and she can definitely understand us when we talk. She will even, if she's feeling generous, follow instructions once in a while. My favorite thing she's doing? When we sit down at dinner, she automatically folds her arms and says, "Amen!"
Leiden is beginning to read, and she's doing a great job. We inherited 'Hooked on Phonics' from our little neighbor, and she does a very good job at sounding out words. We just need to work on sight words. My two favorite things that Leiden is doing right now? 1. She can say WALL-E just like the show. 2. She will yell out, "I love you, daddy (or mommy)!" when we tickle her. Brad taught her that.
Leiden's friend party is coming up this week. There are only a couple girls her age in our ward, so it will be a small affair, but she's excited for her PRINCESS PARTY! (Sorry, boys her age!)

1 comment:

Macdonalds said...

I wish I could come to a princess party...or have a reason to throw one. How fun. Great pics!