Friday, June 26, 2009

Finished Kitchen

The kitchen is done. There is no more work to do in it. Grout is sealed, kickboards and top molding is all in place on the cupboards. Yay!

I've had several people remind me that they hadn't seen the finished result, so here it is!

Here's a close up of the decorative bit above the stove. Still getting used to the gas stove, by the way. Low on a gas stove is hotter than low on an electric stove. I keep burning things. But I love the way it looks!
If any of you didn't know, Brad did this room himself. Tile floor, cupboards, installation of hood, range, oven, and the plumbing for the sink and dishwasher. Previous to this remodel, he installed the can lights. There was no hiring out, save for the counter installation (which included grouting the sink in). He even connected to the gas line and ran it through the walls. Safely. He is outstandingly talented, and I'm so pleased with the kitchen!

8 comments:

Adria said...

WOW! The kitchen looks fantastic. I bet you're so happy it's done. THere's nothing like a new kitchen. Way to go Brad. Those Macdonald boys are so talented.

David said...

very nice Brad very impressive

Kelley Flint said...

Very cool. I really like it. What a talented husband.

Macdonalds said...

That looks amazing! I love it. I bet you are so glad it's finished. Awesome job Brad.

Scrappycook said...

It looks wonderful! You are very lucky to have such a handyman in the house!

Kimberly said...

Looks Great! I love it. I am fortunate to be married to a very handy man as well. It's super nice. BTW, I love gas range. You'll get used to it and you won't ever want to go back! Call me next week if you happen to be in Utah. I am here now.

Matt said...

Wow Brad, I am impressed! I wish i had your skills

Tracey said...

It looks so great! I am SO impressed that Brad did it all, even all of the wiring and stuff. I really like the little glass tiles and the stainless steel ones turned out pretty cool too. I'm super jealous!