Thursday, December 3, 2009

Major Catchup!

Whew! I am so behind!! Here is a smattering of pics up to Thanksgiving or so, and we'll get there in the next day or two. We had pancakes on 11-1-09 for breakfast, and I neglected to clean up the leftovers and syrup after I had cleaned up the plates. That didn't appear to matter to Mac. She put a pancake on the table, and then attempted to pour syrup on it, but missed the pancake, syrup-ing the table, instead. (Our ghastly, dirty, OLD table. yum.)



When she realized she didn't have syrup on the pancake, she decided to take matters into her own hands. Or mouth.



On November 8, we had friends for breadsticks and ice cream cake. Breadsticks a la Brad, ice cream cake a la Coldstone. Delish.


My family was coming for Thanksgiving, and Leiden kept asking when they were coming. She wasn't getting it, so we made a chain on 11-9-09, which Leiden got to cut a link off of every night before bed. This was the first night.
Leiden with her child safe scissors.

This was 11-11-09. If you can't tell, that's a cheerio stuck to Mac's forehead. She had no idea and it stayed there for a long time. They must have been the multigrain ones that are slightly sweetened/sticky.
Hallelujah and glory be! We finally, after almost 10 years of marriage, got a new kitchen table. We 'inherited' a table when we got married, which was already old. We refinished it, but as you saw earlier in the post, it was on the downhill slide. Finally, we decided we'd get a new table in time for Thanksgiving.

Inaugural dinner!

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love your new table! Where did you get it? I'm sure it looks great with your new updated/remodeled kitchen.

Em said...

Sweet table! Mac is hilarious! Love the cheerio. Totally great that you got a pic of it. Your kids are adorable!!

Emily said...

Congrats on the new table. It looks splendid.

Kelly said...

i love the table it's gorgeous!

Macdonalds said...

We are getting anxious to see you guys!!! I envy your table! It looks so good! I hope to join the new table club one day.

Adria said...

What? Are you dissing the table I grew up on? As I recall, you guys got a better deal on an inherited table than we did. JK. I'm glad you got a new one. I looks so pretty.