Friday, September 20, 2013

Fall

It's fall!  I decided this year to do a fall porch.  All the pumpkins from the patch we found are being put to good use.  For Halloween it will be changed a bit and added to, but for now, here it is in its simplicity.


I found these awesome pedestals, and made the leafy beds for the pumpkins to rest on. 


I bought a bunch of mums and some additional gourds to add to the scene.   


My parents came tonight for...well, my DAD came tonight for Maryland crab cakes at our house.  My mom came for potatoes and jello.  :)  They brought dessert, and they treated us to a giant pot of worms and dirt!  The girls love this treat.  Mimi was initially a little concerned that the worms were real, but after we reassured her, she was good.  Yum yum!  And the crabcakes were awesome.  I would definitely make them again, but maybe not buy the crab at Market Street...it was pretty expensive.  Mom, you missed out! 

No comments: