Friday, May 27, 2016

Leiden's Friend Party

Leiden decided a long time ago that she wanted her party at a swimming pool.  As all of mine are proficient to mostly proficient, I decided I could handle that.  Leiden was in charge of writing out all the invitations.


We headed out to Dimple Dell and had a great time.  There was tons of swimming, pizza, drinks, and presents.  I didn't get a picture of them, but Leiden requested red velvet cookies with cream cheese frosting for her birthday party treat, instead of cake!


Friends and cousins were happy to come help celebrate.


The rec center was pretty funny.  As part of the 'tropical' theme Leiden chose for her party decor, they hung up these little paper sized posters of tropical destinations.  IF ONLY I was hanging out on a beach at sunset tonight!


The party went well, although with a bit of girl drama from friends.  I still shake my head that we are there in her life experience, with girls who cause problems and behave badly, but we didn't let it ruin the fun!  Leiden had a great time with her friends, and I think they're all worn out!  This was the last of the birthday celebrations for Leiden.

No comments: