Friday, June 24, 2016

Sickies

I forgot to say anything earlier, but Miss Mac has had a bad cough.  It's not a normal cough, but I let it run for a while.  Then it just kept nagging her and nagging me that something wasn't right.  She has had pneumonia, so is prone to the infection, so I figured I'd better get her in to have her lungs listened to.  Her normal pediatrician wasn't in the office, so his partner was able to get her in and be seen a couple days ago.  He diagnosed her with what is called 'bronchial pneumonia'.  It's my understanding that it's not quite full blown pneumonia, but worse than bronchitis.  If left untreated, it would develop into full pneumonia.  For heaven sake.  So he prescribed a z-pack.  Well, Mimi started coughing today, so I called, and he preventatively prescribed her one, too.  It is so convenient when doctors will do that!  Hopefully both girls will be on the mend, soon!

No comments: