Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Crunch Time and Girls' Camp

Leiden left this morning for her very first Girls' Camp!  She is excited and also a tad bit nervous not knowing what to expect and being so new.  I took her over to the church where they were meeting and I think she'll be fine.


I have been having some serious issues with completing this particular order I'm working on for someone's wedding.  It's seriously stressing me out.  It's an enormous seating chart, like 18x24, and that means the entire thing has to be perfect.  If I mess up on the 150th name, I have to redo the entire poster.  It is causing anxiety, and then the more anxiety I feel, the more likely I am to make more mistakes.  Add to that my general tendency to procrastinate, and I'm in a bit of trouble today.  I keep making mistakes, and having to start over.  :(  The more mistakes, the more flustered I get.

Finally this evening it was gymnastics, and Jon offered to take the girls up to the gym and bring them back when they were done so I could have some uninterrupted working time.  And I took a little break, a few deep breaths, and finally it worked!  It also helped that if a mistake is small enough, it can be SCRATCHED OFF WITH A RAZOR.  This changed everything and alleviated the stress of perfection.


So finally I was plugging along.



And then finally I was done with one of them with only a minor mistake or two that could be addressed with the razor.  I am SO GLAD this worked out.  It was close and I was terrified I'd have to let the woman down.


Jon was a lifesaver today, helping with the girls and being encouraging to me.  They will be shipped out tomorrow!

No comments: