Saturday, September 16, 2017

Land

We have been thinking for some time that we want to move out of the rental the girls and I have been living in, and find a place we can call our own.  And also have animals and do what we want with!!  We found some beautiful land in Herriman, up against the mountain, that is large, and in a little dip that obscures the worst of the valley busy-ness, while still affording beautiful distant Rocky Mountain Views.  It's a large parcel, 2.5 acres, but we feel it just might work out.  We are looking at builders and trying to see if this is feasible, but we feel pretty good about this.  I am nervous about moving the girls out of their schools and away from friends, but I also think a new place with a lot more autonomy would be good.  And chickens.  Chickens make everything better!  Not to mention the freedom we would have to have other animals the girls have been missing out on.

We wander out here a couple times a week, trying to scope it out and test how we feel.  It seems far away from everything, but I am also fairly resistant to change, so my feelings are not as reliable as I'd like them to be!


Driving back home FROM THE CAR I saw this little guy on the road.  I've never seen a tarantula in the wild, before, and he was a big one.  Probably 5 inches across, and just minding his own business on the dusty road.


We also saw some deer in people's yards, and wild turkeys running around!  This is what we want!!

No comments: