Friday, March 8, 2019

Leiden crimped her hair today with Mac's crimper and had a totally 80s vibe!


This evening was the last gymnastics meet of competition season!  Tonight was state competition and Mac and I drove up to Ogden for it.  getting there was a little bit of a comedy of errors.  We did not leave with enough time to spare, then I accidentally took I-215 instead of I-15, which added too much time to our journey, then Legacy Highway instead of I-15!!  THEN it started storming pretty heavily on the way up, which slowed us down even more.  

Mac was very upset, and I don't blame her.  I should have been much more careful, and left much earlier.  It was unfair that she felt so stressed before a competition.  we got there pretty much right as the competition was beginning, so she really only missed warm ups.  Still unacceptable, but I was proud of her before it even started because while she was very upset, she got herself together quickly and went on to do great! 


As usual, I missed her beam routine because I had to pump, which is so sad because she ended up placing 1st on beam!  

She proclaimed this was her best vault ever!  She ended up tying for 2nd with her score.


She placed 7th on bars. 


She placed 6th on floor, and chose to keep including her back handspring. 


This was her picture for her placement on Vault, and she placed 5th for all around. 


After the stress of the journey north and all that exertion, she was happy, but pretty dang worn out! 


And now competition season is over and we get our weekends back!

No comments: