Saturday, May 4, 2013

Ensign Peak

The girls have been asking for a while when we could climb 'the mountain by Grandmere's house', meaning Ensign Peak.  We took off to do it this morning.  I came prepared with food, water, wipes, and bandaids.  I was worried they would fuss all the way up.  Not so!  They were thrilled to be hiking.  They listened, and behaved very well.


The view really is amazing from the top.  The day wasn't SUPER clear, but you can still see a long way.  We tried to pick out Grandmere's house, but it was tricky.


We stopped at the top for snacks. 


And of course some pictures! 


After we got home, we went to the store with Grandmere, where I was persuaded (not really, I was thinking about it anyway) to get red hair dye.  I was pretty much convinced when Leiden said, "Go red, Mom!"

Before...dark brown and bits of grey. 


After...RED hair, especially all those pesky grey hairs.  The rest of my hair is a dark burgundy-ish red, but the grey hairs are bright red.  I suppose it looks like highlights.  Or something.  This picture doesn't really do it justice, but there it is. 

Tonight we went out to eat, where much fun and frivolity occurred.

Things are BUSY at my parents' work, so Saturdays are a treat!

No comments: