Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday Fun Day

It's Friday fun day at the pool!  The girls swimming lessons culminate in the fun day where they get to go down the slide and jump off the diving board.  Mac is wearing a life jacket here, but I'm thinking she doesn't really need one...although I guess she is jumping into 12 feet deep water.


Leiden definitely does not need a life jacket...I am always surprised to see her jump into deep water and then paddle to shore...


Then, Leiden got really brave, and climbed up on to the high dive!  She made it as far as she is in this picture, and that was it.  She ended up climbing back down, for all the encouraging yelling I was doing.  I do not blame her--in fact I am so proud of her for even climbing up!  It is UP there, and a scary proposition.  She thinks she'll try again next fun day.  Go Leiden!


The girls and their certificates...


After swimming today, we made some more small loads from the storage unit.  Tomorrow is the big day to clear it out entirely.  I am so excited!


Tonight I walked back to get Mac to bed, and found Leiden and Mac sitting on her bed, reading a story together.  Leiden is quite the little helper.  What a wonderful thing, to see them interacting positively and kindly with one another.  It makes me happy as can be.

No comments: