Monday, March 30, 2015

Busy day, today!  This little one had her first official lesson.  I think she was a little disappointed that she came out of it only having learned really how to hold the instrument and how to pluck the strings.  I think she expected to come out playing at least peanut butter sandwich.  ;)


The other girls were excited to sit and keep themselves quietly busy.  They are sweet little things when they want to be.  They were very encouraging of Mimi and excited to have her go to her lesson.


After all was said and done, we got a thumbs up!


It's still Girl Scout Cookie season, and I had a last minute pull over to a stand I saw.  These thin mints are very very dangerous.


The day went on to be eventful, with fires in the oven.  I don't even know what caught, but it was a decent blaze.  And of course I whipped my phone out BEFORE I put it out.  Priorities, people!  It actually burned itself out shortly after the pic was taken anyway.  Although the smoke alarms did get set off.


After clearing the air of smoke, we made the cookies that formed these little guys!  My materials differed a little from the 'recipe' online, but I thought they turned out pretty cute.  Not, of course, like the blog I got the idea from, but they almost never turn out THAT well!  The girls should like them and have fun with them!


Here's Mac, forming the little bunny behinds.



 Both Mimi and Mac are looking a little ...overdone...for these pics.  They were so proud of their makeup application so I let them keep it on for the rest of the day.


They liked the cookies...and especially liked eating them! 
 

No comments: