Thursday, March 3, 2016

Cake Prep Plan B Continues!

These are going to be monster cakes.  I've got a 4 (thick) layer 9 inch cake, and a 4 (thick) layer 6 inch cake.  They won't be stacked like in the inspiration picture, but instead set on separate cake stands.  So it begins!


I watched several tutorials and colored probably 2 cups worth of frosting 10 shades of pink to try and find the right color.  It just wasn't happening.  Then it dawned on me that I should use RED food coloring to get the desired shade...a pink that isn't too neon or weird!  And it worked.  I have colored the frosting three GORGEOUS shades of pink, and done the crumb coat for this cake!  Tomorrow we will take it up to Grandmere's house and attempt the ruffles!  I've left this necessarily for the last minute, so I'm pretty nervous.

No comments: