Saturday, March 19, 2016

Mac has been having a hard time falling asleep, lately.  And if she's awake, she's coming out of her room TELLING me she can't sleep.  I finally decided I should try some melatonin to see if it can help her.  The good news is that it does.  But it's strange to see.  It affects her visibly, effectively wiping her out.  It was bizarre to watch her just kind of sag.  It helps her fall asleep, though, and that's what she needs right now so she can get the rest she needs.


Today was a celebration of Mom's birthday!  It was a few days ago, but we couldn't get together to celebrate until tonight.  Being so close to St. Patrick's, I thought it was a very good idea to womp up some corned beef and cabbage!  I love this stuff! 


A while ago when I stopped by the french bakeries to find macarons for the girls, I found a bakery called Tulie, where I found a most glorious treat.  They are called bouchons, and are a delightful mix of brownie and cake.  I decided it couldn't be too hard to make my own, so Mom's birthday was the perfect occasion to make everyone my guinea pig! 


She got the singing, and one measly candle, because I forgot about that part! 


We are so grateful for you, Mom, and all that you do.  Happy (belated) Birthday!  The evening was, as Leiden is always saying, 

No comments: