Monday, November 24, 2008

Life Goes By So Quickly

I can't believe how quickly time passes. Here it is, almost Thanksgiving. I've known, conceptually that Thanksgiving is coming, but emotionally and all the rest, I don't feel like it's that time of year. I have been so busy, and perhaps TOO busy lately. Sewing up a frenzy has been fun, but I think I've been spending too much time with it, and neglecting other things I should/want to be doing. Case in point--I'm told from all sides that I need to be taking more picutres of the girls! (This comes from the grandparents.) And they're right! I usually manage to get the main ideas, but it's the day to day pictures that I love to look at. I took SO many pictures when Leiden was a baby, and I loved them. I still do. I look through her baby book all the time, and eventually I want to scrap all the pictures I have beyond her first year and all of Mac, and all the other family things I've got, but I'm not working on it!


Which leads me to my next neglected venue for creativity: digital scrapbooking. So, last night, after Sunday dinner, I sat down and completed two more pages for Mac's baby book. Here they are:



Mac had a particularly funny face-pulling session the other day. Some of the pics may be blurry, but the faces are great. Lest anyone should misunderstand, these pictures are not an example of how cute Mac is. They are an example of the scary faces she can pull--the kind of faces you want to say, "Stop that! It's not cute!" at the same time you're laughing. There is scrunchy face, fishy face, and generally scary face--although they all kind of blur together.







We're in Utah now, for the Thanksgiving holiday. Brad will join us for the actual day. Both girls are, of course, sick, so we are plugging along as best we can.
How bout them Utes? Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I. A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die...

3 comments:

Tracey said...

So funny! Those faces are classic! I'm sorry to hear that your girls are sick. Alexis is sick too, I guess it's just going around. Maybe we can see each other during Thanksgiving time!

Tracey said...

by the way, your scrapbook pages are DARLING!! You remind me how much of a slacker I am at doing Alexis' scrapbook:)

Macdonalds said...

I had no idea you changed to blogger! Yay! I love hearing about you and the girls. I love your scrapbook pages! i need to be better at taking day to day pics too. See you soon!