Sunday, November 2, 2008

Clapping

Today I was sewing, and Brad was upstairs with the girls. All of a sudden I hear "Mercedes, come quick!" Well, for all I know, someone's bleeding, so I run upstairs to find Brad clapping at Mac saying 'yay'--and Mac clapping back at him! I'm not sure when clapping starts, but I don't think Leiden was this early!




Mac has had another eventful weekend. Not only did she learn to clap today, but yesterday she cut her fourth tooth. It's the tooth to her left of the front teeth. No, her front teeth are not in yet. I was worried for a time that they were missing, but now she's working on them. The little ridges are there. She's a little fussy these days, and I think it's the teeth. It's astounding how you take cheerful dispositions for granted--until they are not being cheerful anymore!

Mac's hand coordination is also improving. She can pick up things and get them in her mouth the majority of the time, and she can totally lift up her sippy cup to drink. Sometimes she gets really into it, and she'll tilt her entire head straight up. Bottoms up. This usually results in sputtering.

The following videos were on my camera when I got the clapping one off.

Leiden was kind enough to share one of her Halloween treats with Mac. I don't think she knew what hit her!


It would appear Mac is destined to move around just as strangely as (if differently than) Leiden. She gets on her knees, but then just plops down. This was actually the first time I saw her actually try to get something out of reach. It was a few days ago, and I haven't really seen it since!


This was Mac this morning before church, looking so pretty in her pink dress. Leiden also wore her pink dress to church, but she was having a bit of a rough morning, so she was not in any pictures.


Weekly Goals:
This week it's simple, and trying to get back to the basics.
We've been having a bit of trouble with Leiden. It's almost as bad as right before Mac came, and that was horrendous. So, we need to try something different, because whatever we're doing is not working. I realize she's only three, but something has got to change. To that end:
1. Scripture study--with Brad, alone, and as a family. All three rarely happen, but our home needs the peace it provides.
2. Time each day specifically set aside for Leiden--doing big girl things without Mac. Perhaps some focused attention will help.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

That video of her "crawling" is too cute! I was laughing the whole time! She's doing a cute job though, looks like she'll be crawling in no time.