Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Years!

New Year's Eve was spent at Brad's parents' house, with all three of his brothers and their families. We hadn't seen Rob and Adria since June or so, so it was nice to see them, again. We just stayed up playing games, and as soon as the clock struck midnight, we went to bed. It's just not the same anymore. Brad celebrated the next morning by smearing his brothers with whipped cream. Andy wasn't around, so he was spared.


Later in the day, we went ice skating. Leiden had never been, and she did pretty well, although she kept wanting to just let her feet go out in front of her while we held her up. As long as she kept her feet moving, she did great. Ice skates hurt Brad's feet, so he only lasted a little while. They hurt my ankles, so I only lasted a little while, myself. Emily mainly stuck to the wall.









We are in an ice-skating rink. Where are my daughter's socks? Oh. They're in her mouth. Of course. She couldn't keep socks on if she had to. I'm sure the people in the stores see me bustle in with her, who won't keep a hat on, who won't keep her little arms under blankets, and who won't keep her socks on, and I'm sure they consider calling DCFS.

No comments: