Friday, March 6, 2009

Home Disasters

This post is really pretty depressing. There are two major disasters going on at my house. One is ongoing, and the other is just beginning, but is finite.

The first calamity, the ongoing one, is my craft room. See below if you dare. This is embarrassing to be putting this out for any person to see, but it is a reality.

This is the place I go to sew, mainly, and I can't even walk across the floor. I keep telling Brad I am going to organize it and clean it up, and he (I don't blame him) keeps telling me he'll believe it when he sees it. So, this week, I've really been thinking about it. And drooling over craft rooms that look like this.


Of course, this is Martha Stewart's craft room. She probably spent tens of thousands of dollars to create it! (I read she put in the staircase and all the dormer windows.) Hmmm. I'm just trying to convince Brad to help me put a laminate floor in my room instead of carpet. Have you ever tried to vacuum up thread from a carpet?

Anyway, that's this next week's project. I am trying to find a cheap, pretty armoire or even just some nice shelving that I can put stuff on, and maybe I'll add some prettily painted peg board to hang things on. We shall see. And I want that laminate flooring, darn it.

The other project is our kitchen. As we're going to be staying here, we wanted to redo our kitchen, and have jumped in with both feet. The flooring is all up, and tomorrow Brad will begin the tiling process. We'll be without cabinets for weeks.


But, this means new tile floors, new (Ikea) cupboards, more storage space than now, and best of all, probably a new gas range! We're actually undecided between gas and the flat ranges. We'll see. Then, of course, comes more projects. Tearing out carpet in the entire upstairs to put in a hardwood of sorts, painting, laminate in my craft room, a new dining table. The list goes on. It always does.

By the way, please, someone, tell me you are not horrified by the craft room. Please, someone, tell me that yours is worse, or you know someone's who is worse, or...something. Remember Weekly Goals? It is so on.

2 comments:

Scrappycook said...

Mine is worse because it is so visible to everyone coming over to our house. Besides all of my crafting crap it houses the office and the laundry and I absolutely hate it. And yes, I so want to tile or laminate that room!

Tracey said...

Hey, at least you have a craft room!!! So I have an idea for your shelving in your room. We just got some AWESOME shelves from IKEA that were inexpensive, and I think that you might like them too. They are called the "Expedit" collection. They are shelves that look like cubes and they come in different sizes. We got two of them that each have 8 square shelves. We laid them on their sides next to each other. they can be used vertically or horizontally. IKEA also has different organizational tools you can put inside of the cubes...such as boxes with lids,drawers, little doors, etc...excellent for organizing! check them out here: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50103086. We got the black/brown ones and laid them horizontally! If you want to see pictures of how ours turned out, let me know, I'd be happy to send you come! GOOD LUCK!!! (sorry for the novel, I should have just emailed you)