Sunday, March 8, 2009

New Etsy Inventory

Here are the items that went up in the shop this weekend. I love this pillowcase dress. I love the damask pattern (I in fact have several other colorways in this same pattern slated for later items), and of course I love pinks. And then to top it all off, of course I love the baby in it!
I guess these weren't the best pictures to use to show the pants--the ones on the site are a lot better. They are darling pants, and can be made with any of the fabrics you see in my shop. I'm also working on some ruffle capris for spring/summer!

This pinafore is the third item that just went up today. I love the colors in these Amy Butler fabrics. I am working on a custom order of a twirly skirt, constructed like the Cinnamon and Market Twirly Skirts, out of these two fabrics and several others in this line. It will be listed probably on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I have LOTS of fabrics to make things out of--look for a different styled twirly skirt, a peasant dress, another apron for mom, an apron style top for little ones, and other variations.
I am considering something for my shop, and if any of you have any commentary about it, of course it is welcome. I want to create a 'design you own' section, where the basic styles are listed, but the buyer can select the fabrics the style is made with. (I have something like 65 different fabrics stashed in my sewing room--many of them are not represented in my shop, yet, as I always purchase ahead.) This would allow for more custom outfits, which are, after all what we're after when we purchase boutique clothing, right?

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Mercedes! I love the damask fabric. It's beautiful. Is there anyway you could do something for Moms to match? I saw this cute dress on etsy that you could wear under a cardigan - sort of shirred on top, empire waist, matching little girls pillowcase dress. That's my request!

Macdonalds said...

I love it! I just wish I had a little one to wear all of your cute outfits. The new fabric is fabulous!