Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Backsplash

Well, Brad worked like a machine last night and got virtually the entire backsplash done. Those little mosaic tiles go on really fast. I don't know why, but green is one of the hardest colors to catch correctly in photography--at least for me. It also doesn't help that the tile changes color a bit depending on light. The best approximation of color is probably the last one.





The little squares with white stuff and blue writing on them are the stainless steel tiles. They can't be uncovered until the grouting is done so they don't get scratched.
It's going to be a very modern looking kitchen--I don't think it will be the kind of kitchen people would expect to see in our little circa 1985 split level. That was kind of the point--people will remember the kitchen when it comes time to sell. Pictures of the finished product will hopefully be taken this weekend?

3 comments:

Scrappycook said...

I love the tiles - beautiful color!

Tracey said...

I love, love, love the small glass tiles!!! I'm curious to see it with the stainless steel tiles. I'm sure I'll love it! Modern is very much our style:)

Macdonalds said...

I can't wait to see it when it's complete. How fun!