Sunday, May 31, 2009

Leiden Sayings

We're in the parking lot at the grocery store, trying to find a parking spot. The conversation goes something like this (It's very indicative of many of our conversations!):

"Mommy, what is that thing?"
"Sweetheart, what thing?"
"That thing!"--and she's pointing out her window at who knows what.
"Honey, I don't know what you're talking about. Can you tell me more about it?"
(By now we're parked and getting out of the car.)
"That thing that keeps the monsters in?"
"Sweetie, I still don't know what you're talking about."
"THAT THING THAT KEEPS THE MONSTERS IN!"
"Leiden, I heard you, but I don't know what you're talking about!"
Again, as we're walking by all the cars: "THAT THING THAT KEEPS THE MONSTERS IN!"
Again: "Leiden, I heard you. Saying it louder does not help me understand."

Finally, at this point, we walk by a car that has the little 'fence' thing in the back that keeps dogs in the back of the car. She points to it and yells: "THAT!"
"Ohhhh, that keeps dogs from climbing all over the car. It's kind of like a fence in the car."
And then the best part--she says,
"Grrr. Why is it so hard to talk to you!?"

Well, goodness, I don't know.

4 comments:

Macdonalds said...

Maybe she will get the rough teenage years over with before she's a teenager...

That is really funny though!

Emily said...

Yes, this was a post where I could hear your voice lough loud and clear. Isn't that fun?

Kimberly said...

I love it! Megan is at the same age where they say the funniest things. I write them down in my journal so I will always remember them. I could write a book about what she says because there are so many. Sure keeps things interesting with them.:)

The Minnesota Preators said...

So Cute! I think my kids have the same thought daily.