Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt

The Barringers invited us back to Eagan for their (seemingly) annual egg hunt and dinner. Here's Mac eating. She was the only kid not eating at the table outside. She wasn't even near the other kids. Just hanging out on her own.



Leiden digging in. Although we later had fits in the car because she was 'hungry'. (After dinner, something like 4 eggs worth of candy, cupcakes...you get the gist.)



The competitive gene seems to be lacking in my kids a lot of the time. There was a lot of standing around watching other kids pick up eggs as fast as they could.



Even Leiden wasn't as quick as I would have expected.



Even better is when your child points out the eggs to the other kids instead of picking them up themselves!



There's one. I think Mac ended up with about 6 eggs in her basket. Another mom donated a couple handfuls of her daughter's overflowing egg basket later on.



Very pleased with the haul.



Then, of course, we have to open every egg to see what's in them.



Some little fingers have a harder time with this than others!



Cutie!



See Mac's messy face? She'd already eaten tons of candy by this point. The whole rest of the night we would find her in some secret spot with yet another bunch of candy.




The kids' cupcakes, ready to be devoured.
And they were!

The adult dessert before...
and after. We took fully half this monstrosity home. Yum.
Mimi slept through most of it, woke up screaming, and that's when I decided to try to take a picture. Miriam 4/3/10:
Totally unrelated to Easter, but Brad ordered this ghastly binky from Think Geek. He thought I would appreciate it because I like Twilight. Needless to say, I think it's ghastly. In a good sort of way.

3 comments:

Matt said...

hahahahaha!!!! I love the binky!!!! LOL!!!!.....ps. I'm still laughing.

Em Mc.

Creativ Productions said...

I needed a good laugh-awesome but ghastly bink!

Kelly said...

okay, I really can't stop laughing about that binky. Hilarious!