Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was a beautiful day here! The sun was shining, the temps were up a bit from the previous week, and so we decided to grill!

First of all, here was the card that Leiden drew me at church. It's me and her. Love so many things about it. The hearts above our heads "because we love each other", the puffy sleeves on our dresses, the flower she has picked to give me--and particularly our toes. Love it.



To grill here, you have to go out to the play area and use the common grills, but surprisingly, there was no one out that day!



Brad manning the grill...



cooking some serious steak.
The girls had more fun running around than eating--of course!
Mimi was well behaved, sleeping for a large part of the outing.
The calm playing together before the screaming for one reason or another started. They do a lot of fighting!
Then they discovered the dandelions! I hope they got their fill, because dandelions in our own yard will be swiftly removed, and they will be in trouble if they blow them there!
Then Mimi woke up, and was in good spirits. She enjoys being outside!
Mac really enjoys being outside! This little girl is so intense. When she's happy, she's HAPPY!
These days, we settle for just not crying with this one. Not a whole lot of laughing going on yet!
Wish I'd been closer for this shot.
It was a wonderful Mother's Day--the girls gave me a cupcake cookbook. Was that a hint? It may have been.

1 comment:

Macdonalds said...

I miss my girlies! We are so excited you are coming sooner than planned!