Friday, August 26, 2011

Sidewalk Paint

Online I found a recipe to make sidewalk paint.  I thought the kids would have fun doing that, and figured it was something Mimi could do, too.  So I mixed it up.  Equal parts cornstarch and water.  Add food coloring.


Mimi has literally never painted.  I cannot fathom the mess she would make, but she truly proved me quite wrong.  She was very contained, and only made a mess at the end.  Strapped into her seat and closely supervised, she'd be fine painting at the table. 


Both Mac and Leiden wanted to paint the bricks on our walkway.  Mac was prepared with her sunglasses. 
 


This paint, which is not really paint, only works so well.  The color is super diluted, and since I put in too much cornstarch, it was not quite the consistency it should have been.  The kids did not seem to mind.


Especially after Mimi got out the big guns and really started having fun! 


She eventually dumped all three colors, and the girls played in it for a while.  Cleanup was super easy--just broke out the hose and sprayed it all off into the grass.  Mimi really only had dirty hands and a little bit of the stuff on her dress.  That did not stop her from getting entirely soaked when I was trying to clean up the ground!  I finally gave up and sprayed the water so she could run through it. 

No comments: