Sunday, November 6, 2011

One Year Older

I am now officially in my thirties.  I can no longer say I'm 30, I am now in my thirties.  I guess I'm getting old. 

Present time was very exciting for all us girls.  They gathered round to see what treasures I would find wrapped up in paper. 


Mimi appropriated a present for herself, which I thought was funny. 


She was pretty excited after I helped her open it, too.  Even though she had no idea what it was!  (It's a cupcake pen--you fill it with batter, and it has a wide spout that you squeeze the batter out of.  Makes filling cupcake tins a breeze.  You can also 'draw' pancakes with it.) 
That was from Brad's mom, along with a cookie press (I've always looked at those and thought they would be fun, but never would have bought for myself), and a tiny little individual pie maker.  Thanks so much!


Brad's gift to me came wrapped in paper of his and the girls' own design.  Leiden had drawn a turkey, and a cake, and written all kinds of sweet things on it.  It was a shame to rip it up. 


A laptop was inside!  We have had a little laptop for about 8 years, now, but it was not taken care of (ahem, by me) very well, and the screen on it is shot.  Ta da!  This one will be better protected.  (And probably not lugged around on a plane as often, as I am not lugging around on a plane as often.) 


Not pictured is the giant set of Ferrero Rochers the girls picked out for me, and the two pairs of riding boots from my parents. 

Not only was I spoiled with gifts, but as today was Sunday, Brad was home to make an awesome dinner.  Chili rubbed pork roast with apricot glaze, new potatoes, and balsamic asparagus. 


With cake and ice cream for dessert.  Leiden was a little concerned about having enough candles, but I don't think the cake could have withstood 31 of them!


Thanks so much for all the wonderful things for my special day!

1 comment:

AmyL. said...

Happy Birthday Mercedes!!!!