Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!

The girls made these little dish towels in Primary today,


as well as cards.  Mac is doing well with her name--she's including all the letters these days, we just need to work on continuing lines below!


The girls brought home these plants for me yesterday when they went to get plants for the garden. 


Brad made breakfast and dinner, today, and we got to eat dinner outside.  The weather was great, if  just the tiniest bit cool in the shade.


While we were sitting there eating dinner, I looked at Mimi and noticed that a clump of her hair was shorter.  And very straight at the edges.  Hmm.  It would appear that she somehow managed to cut herself some bangs without poking herself in the eye.  And they're even kind of in the right spot.  Still not happy about it.  I don't even know when she did it, which makes me nervous. 


Leiden tried her hand at my big camera tonight, and took this picture of Brad, 


right as he took this picture of her. 


My sweet girls are the best.  They are the reason I am a mom, and they are such blessings in my life. 


Brad was photographing Leiden as she was pouncing like a cat. 


and jumping in the air.  She looks like she's floating in this one. 


I was sitting at the computer after the girls had gone to bed, and I heard a loud tapping noise on the window.  It sounded almost like a small bird or a bat had run into the window, but then this monster landed on it.  I ran downstairs to get Brad so he could see it, and he had the guts to go outside with the camera.  I did not have the bravery to do that.  The thing was enormous.  You can see it in relation to my head. 


He came running in for a ruler to give us some scale--that's a 5 1/2 inch wingspan.  Ugh.  It was pretty interesting, though. 


The thing that grossed me out, though, even more than its size?  It's downright fuzziness.  He had these feathery antennae, and his legs looked like those crispy rice noodles you sprinkle on chinese--but fuzzy!  Ugh.  And his body was the size of a baby gherkin.  I was glad to stay inside and watch.  Although the whole time Brad was outside, I was hoping the moth wouldn't fly at his face and cause him to drop the big camera!  I love Brad!

No comments: