Sunday, May 20, 2012

One of the activities we forgot to do last night was hair color, so the girls got it out after church today.  It actually worked really well.  I hope it washes out really well, too.  Mac had some bold streaks.


Leiden's were a little more conservative. 


For months, now, I've been trying to find a piece of furniture on Craigslist to refinish and put in our living room.  I thought about mid-century modern credenzas, antique buffet tables, and just couldn't find anything I liked well enough.  Plus I would then have to refinish the piece.  I was trying to be patient and wait for the just right piece, but it was getting hard!  Then yesterday, I saw this dresser--it was a case of knowing it when I saw it--immediately!  I emailed the lady and made arrangements to pick it up today.  Brad wandered all over the place because of closed freeways, but finally brought it home.  This lady gets furniture and refinishes it and sells the finished pieces.  I saw it out in the car and was so glad.  It was perfect!  And I don't have to refinish it!  To be honest, if I DID have to refinish it, I would have chosen a lighter color.  BUT.  It looks really good.  We're getting windows in this room in a couple weeks, so that will really help with the darkness factor in the room.  Yay for new furniture!

No comments: