Sunday, October 7, 2012

Brad is Home!

Brad is home and exhausted from jetlag!  He's been up for over 24 hours, not counting the rest he got on the plane.  He came bearing gifts, as stuff in India is super inexpensive.

 
 
He brought us some beautiful hand carved jewelry boxes, and these little Indian outfits.
 
He also brought pictures home!  He took many, but here are some highlights.  India is quite the interesting place.  I really have no desire to go there, so I'm glad Brad got the chance to go without me!  The streets are just squalor and filth.
 
 
That's a giant pile of garbage with a wild dog rifling through.  The ill repaired cement against the wall is the open sewage system.  Lovely.
And then you go inside a hotel, and it looks like this. 
 
 
Brad was perplexed by this child asleep on a little moped. 
 
 
 
This is how their electricity is wired.  It's really a wonder the whole place hasn't burned down by now. 
 
 
 
There are certainly beautiful things there, too.  The Taj Mahal is amazing. 
 
 
 
 
Brad with his coworkers. 
 
We're so glad to have you back for a day, Brad!  He's leaving again on Tuesday to go on another work trip.
 
And yesterday's 10 miles might have been a mistake.  I can hardly walk on my left leg.  I really hope it's not a stress fracture, but this feels different than any other pain I've had, and in a place I've never had pain.  We'll have to wait and see.

No comments: