Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pamper Me

Today was a lovely day.  I've been sick for a few weeks, now, so I finally went to the doctor last night.  Urgent care was hardly busy and I walked out with a bronchitis diagnosis, a z-pack prescription, and one for Robitussin with Codeine.  Excellent.  Other than making me sick to my stomach, the cough with codeine helped me sleep last night!  Then this morning Brad and the girls dropped me off to a spa day.  It was a gift from Brad for the last few weeks being rather difficult with him gone so much.  I think there was a little guilt about leaving me with 8 kids by myself.

At the spa I enjoyed a massage, a facial, lunch, a manicure, and a hair cut!  Just in time for us to go out on a date.  We went to Broders, which is SO good.  I actually feel better today, after just one day of the antibiotic, so I'm hopeful it will clear up completely in a timely fashion. 

I really enjoyed the facial at the spa, today.  I had no idea what to expect, but they lay you down under these warm blankets and just start rubbing product into your face, neck, and arms.  It's lovely.  Then they put warm steam on your face to open your pores.  I literally fell asleep.  I had thought the massage would be my favorite part, but it was made more difficult by my cold.  When my head is down, my nose tends to...drip.  Yeah, really gross, so I spent a lot of time worrying about it dripping and trying to snuffle and sniff.
 
Great day!  Thanks so much Brad for the wonderful pampering!

No comments: