Thursday, December 19, 2013

Preschool Christmas Program

It's the preschool Christmas Program!  The little girls and boys all had different little accessories for the program, and they all marched out to their seats.


Mimi and a few other little girls and boys came to the front to do a little song.  Mimi was told to stay on the line taped on the floor, and she STAYED there.


She got pretty excited when she saw us!


It is seriously one of the cutest things to see these little three year olds sing the songs and do the actions.  Before the kids came out, Miss Dee embarrassed me, picking me out from the crowd and talking about me and my parents, who do the little school bags for the school.  She was commenting about how smart I was and how pleased she was to have us there as second generation parents.  I haven't blushed that hard in a LONG time!  After that, she explained that there will always be children who come out for the program, and who sing facing backwards, who don't sing at all, and who pick their nose, and who do all manner of other things.  This turned out to be amusing because today Mimi was that child.  She kept her little feet on the taped line, dang it, but she had her whole upper half facing backwards during a song while she looked at the backdrop decorations.  And then low and behold, we look at her during another song, and heaven help us all, she is picking her nose.  And really, what do you do.


At the end, the dads and grandparents were called up to sing Rudolph to the kids with red noses on.  It was pretty cute.  Bapa was happy to oblige.


Then Mimi wanted to join the fun afterwards.


Meemer, Grandmere, and Bapa!


Today was this beautiful snowy day outside, and I'm glad we were able to travel to and from the program in safety.


Despite the wet getting to my curled hair, I managed to get this pretty good picture.


The girls got out the face paint this afternoon, and Leiden went to town on Mimi.  She's very clearly a tiger!  Leiden does so well with art.  I hope I can encourage her to continue to develop that talent and hopefully use it!

No comments: