Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Car Issues

Well, I had the Malibu looked over by Dwight, and he found an issue with oil leaking where it isn't supposed to.  While frustrating, I took advantage of CarMax's 5 day anything goes policy and took it in to have it looked at.  During the five days you get a loaner for free if there is something that needs to be done, so I drove off the lot temporary driver of this fun red car!


Dwight warned me they would try and explain away the oil leak as just left over from an oil change rather than a leak, and not to take any of their crap.  Because of the design of the Malibu's engine, the entire transmission has to be taken apart to get to this part he diagnosed as being bad.

Sure enough, CarMax insisted there was nothing wrong with the car, and there was a big kerfuffle and issues and trying to figure out what to do.  The enormous hassle of returning my new car and buying another one was considered.  Finally I settled on being satisfied with the 6 month warranty on that particular requested part and repair.  This has been stressful!  I want to do things the right way, but man, it can be annoying!

No comments: