Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Bay Quail and Baby Gravenstreter

I was downstairs in Leiden's room and her blinds were up.  Her window looks out into a window well, and I noticed there was movement in it.  That kind of creeped me out, so I went outside to investigate and the quail mom and dad were hovering around the window well, pretty agitated.  As I got closer mom freaked out and started flying everywhere...down into the well, back out.  She was very worried.  As I kept getting closer, I saw that there were a bunch of baby quail that had fallen down into the well!  

Jon to the rescue!  He put on gloves because we weren't sure if the mom would balk at caring for them if he touched them, and he carefully climbed down into the well and ever so gently cornered the baby birds and set them free onto the grass.  They were SO cute.  So helpless and so terrified.  After he would release one, it would run super fast through the grass to the big bush in the front yard where I assume mom and dad had taken up watch.


They were panicking inside the well, so Jon had a hard time getting them out, but he persevered until there were no more baby birds inside.  I think he really enjoyed helping out some of his favorite animals!


The ultrasound is coming up quick, in just two days, and we are so excited for the Gender Reveal party we are going to throw next Monday!  I honestly don't know how we will be able to not look inside the envelope!

I've asked my friend Alina to put together the confetti cannons with the appropriate color of confetti.  She will be the first to know what we're having!  I took the time today to decorate the cannons with cute blue boy and pink girl wrapping paper.  


These are going to be the BEST!


Cutting up the confetti took a while, too, and made a big mess.  I can only hope Alina forgives me for the confetti that will surely end up all over her house!

No comments: