Thursday, November 1, 2018

Well, overnight hospital stays wouldn't be restful even if we DIDN'T have a newborn!  Much too quickly and after far too little sleep it was morning, and little Zada went to her hearing test accompanied by daddy.  The huge headphones were almost comical on her tiny little head.


Jon is so wonderful with her.  She woke about every 30 minutes last night, and he would shoot right out of bed and carefully pick her up and problem solve her distress.  It must be so disorienting to suddenly be outside the womb!


And so tiring!


Sweet Leiden came by with Grandmere and the girls and finally got to hold her.  It was pretty amazing to see my first baby girl holding my newest baby girl.


I hope this will be an easy transition for them.


Aunt Tara came by to visit this evening and got to meet little Zada.


From what I understand we will be going home tomorrow!  I had originally thought today, but with Group B Strep, the pediatricians generally like two days in hospital after birth.  So that means another night here with nurses coming in for me or Zada pretty much every hour.  It's ridiculous.

No comments: