Thursday, June 20, 2019

Faith and Clayton's wedding is coming up fast, and I decided to jump into the dyeing that needs to be done so we can blend and look good with her colors.  I needed to dye Mac's white dress, and the trim for Zada's dress.  It's SO scary to dye things, and it took a while to get the color to what I thought it needed to be.  But it was gorgeous when I was doing it!  I was so pleased with the colors and so relieved it had worked! 


Zada's trim also worked out so well.


It took a lot of trial and error to get the correct hue and shade of dye.


Then I washed Mac's dress, as I was supposed to, and it was GREEN.  No longer the beautiful deep dusky ocean blue it had been before, and I was crushed!  I had no idea what I was going to do, and this had been a stressful project.


I tried to just breathe, and put it up to dry.  And seriously, it dried less green and looks really good with all the other dresses!!  We are going to look great!


Our artichokes are going gangbusters this year, which is surprising considering we did no trimming or any kind of care last fall.  There are a lot of artichokes, but they are small.  Small enough that I don't know if they will be worth cutting to eat.  We will see.


We took Little Miss on a walk this afternoon, and as we left we saw a ripe strawberry out back, so she got to eat it on the road!

No comments: