Tuesday, February 10, 2009

First New Pics

I'll post about Mexico tomorrow, but here are some good pics taken with the new camera. I'm still totally trying to figure the thing out, and really just beginning to understand that I have a bottom entry level professional camera sans anything remotely near bottom entry level professional photographer's skills! I can look at a really great picture and appreciate that it is really great, but all too often my own really great pictures are strokes of luck. At any rate, here are a couple.


I think this one below is my favorite. I've been doing some reading today about how one of the most important things when photographing people is the lights in their eyes--those bright white spots that reflect in eyes can make or break a picture. I think it's totally true, and totally something I would not have necessarily picked out on my own, although the mirror in the bathroom in Mexico had this great white lighting all around the edge, and my eyes looked awesome when I looked into it--4 bars of bright white spots in my eyes turned them into luminous, cosmetic-ad quality. Embarrassingly enough, I thought more than once about trying to take a picture of them! (Although perhaps not as embarrassing as if I had actually done it!) Anyway, next time you're checking out photography blogs, look at all the pictures. There are lots of white spots!
This one, unintentionally, of course, got some good white spots. Gotta love natural light.


These last two are cute, too, although she scratched her face a bit before I took them. That's what Photoshop (or Gimp!) is for!

1 comment:

Katey said...

Those look fabulous. I'd love to have a nice camera and get more into photography...one day I guess! :) Happy picture taking!