Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mac's Birthday Party Preparations

Well, tomorrow is the big day! It's party time! Here are the invitations I sent out:


I made flowers from gumpaste for the decorations on the cake:



I liked the look of the crumb coat--kind of rough, but good proportions and color!
This cake is probably enough to feed about 50 people, but I wanted to go all out. I'll take some better pictures of the finished cake tomorrow in some good light. I made a separate little cake for Mac to dig in to. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Scrappycook said...

Love the invitations and the flowers - did you buy the gum paste or is it something you make? Does it come it white and then has to be colored?

Tracey said...

You made flowers out of gum paste??? What are you?...Martha Stewart?!!! You are such a great mom! Happy birthday little Mac! Hope the party was fun!

Macdonalds said...

The party was great! The cake turned out amazing! You are pretty dang talented!