Monday, February 15, 2010

Miriam Macdonald

Here she is, folks! Miriam Macdonald, born February 13, 2010 at 12:43 PM. Weighing in at 8 lbs even (HUGE for us!), and 20 3/4 inches long. She has a head of dark hair, also unusual for us. These were taken shortly after birth.



Strong, just like Leiden and Mac, with her head up off my chest within a couple hours of birth.



Here I am, in all my glory.



The girls came to visit later that night. I think they were a little shell shocked. Leiden particularly.



On our way home today, 2-15.

Impromptu photo shoot this afternoon in the bedroom where the light was good.







Leiden reading some books to little Mimi. It was one of the few times today that Mimi has laid there awake without fussing. Leiden is a great big sister, and she'll come around just fine. She is VERY interested in the feeding process, which has caused me to have to lose some self consciousness about being bare in front of her, but I don't want to shut her out when she's already feeling vulnerable.
At any rate, we're all doing fine, although Mac is struggling with a cold. Brad has this whole week off, so that's nice. He's totally outnumbered, and it doesn't seem to bother him all that much!

8 comments:

Claire said...

Congratulations Mercedes! She is beautiful, so is her name. I am excited to watch you handle 3 with ease. I hope you are doing well recovering!

Kelley Flint said...

Congrats! She is so beautiful.

Scrappycook said...

Congratulation! She is beautiful and I love the name. We have a lot of Miriams on my side of the family tree. I hope you are getting some much deserved rest this week while you have your husband at home!

Tracey said...

WAHOO!!!! CONGRATS!!! She's a cutie, but what else could we expect..all of your girls are! I hope you are healing and adjusting well. Keep posting pics so we can see her in all of her adorable new baby glory:)

Katey said...

Yay for cute new babies. Hope all the transitioning goes well! :)

Melissa said...

Mercedes, she is so adorable and with dark hair. :) So cute! I can't wait to hear how everything went. Congratulations!!

Emily said...

She is beautiful...her profile reminds me of Leiden. I'm so happy for all of you. Good luck with this transition. You'll do great!

Maria said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!