Saturday, September 4, 2010

Blah, Blah, Blah

Here it is, folks! Mimi is really a quiet little baby--quiet enough that I've been a little worried about it. We see the doctor next week for a check up and this was on the list of questions to ask about in depth. No babbling at all, barely an 'aaa' cooing sound. Mostly just quiet or crying. Occasional grunting.

I got home from taking Leiden today, and Brad said she'd been babbling. I wasn't sure I believed him until she started doing it just a few minutes later. The video doesn't capture the whole scope, but it gives a glimpse. When she gets going, it sounds a lot like she's saying 'blah blah blah..." Brad and I think that's probably what she hears from us most of the time. "Blah, blah, blah, bottle, blah, blah, bath, blah, blah, blah, thumb."

Seriously, the rest of the day she was talking. I am so relieved I can't believe it. Finally she's babbling!

No comments: