Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten!

POTD 9/8/10: Look at this face. She was so excited. She was ready early, checking off the things she needed to do from her poster. Her running commentary went, "Hair, check. Clothes, check. Teeth, check. Shoes, check. Backpack, check." Not sure where she heard 'check' before, but it was pretty funny. She even went into the bathroom and doused her head with her detangling spray and brushed through her hair. Every picture I took she said, "Bapa will love this picture!" (Bapa is my dad.)



Showing off her bus tag.



Tired of pictures, let's look at a leaf from the ground.



Here she is at school. Do you see the delight on her face?!



Such a little one walking into such a big building.



More smiles as we're walking (hence the blurriness) down the hall to her room.



Stowing the backpack in her locker.



Sitting on the rug by her nametag.



Her bus was upwards of 10 minutes late this afternoon, making me worry, and then she didn't get off the bus when it stopped! She was still doing this when the bus started going again! Luckily, the girl she was sitting by is an older girl she has played with before, and she was also looking at me. I frantically waved that Leiden was supposed to get off, and the bus only went about 6 feet before it stopped again.



And Leiden came bounding out.



First day, check.



Miriam 9/8/10: Mimi came outside to wave Leiden off today as I took her to school. She's sitting pretty well, now, but I think she prefers laying down. She can move when she's laying down. It appears she's starting another cold, now, so we'll have to muddle on through.



I am so proud of Leiden today. I know every child goes to Kindergarten, and this is not a new thing, but she did so well. I was astounded when I loaded up all the pictures from the day and saw how she was just beaming in them. Not for a moment did she appear anxious or nervous, and for that I am so grateful. She didn't bat an eye when it was time for me to leave her in her classroom today, and in fact she looked at me for just a second like she knew that this was going to be a change for me. For just a moment, she was comforting me, letting me know she was going to be fine, and that this adventure was just starting. What a lovely little child.

2 comments:

David said...

Leiden is an offical Kindergartener. CHECK!

Macdonalds said...

You have no idea how much I wish we lived by each other right now! I wish Leiden and Gavin could go to school together. They are growing so fast!
She is the cutest little kindergartner! Love the pics!