Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Some More September

I'm totally behind again. Doing the 12 days before Kindergarten kind of burned me out, although it's super nice to be caught up every day. So we backtrack a couple weeks...

Miriam 9/10/10: I set her down on her back on the upright play gym, and about 3 minutes later came back to this. She's getting super speedy.



POTD 9/10/10: We braved a restaurant with the whole family. There have been many times that I sat out in the car with Mimi while Brad and the girls ate inside a restaurant. It went really well this time, so perhaps we can enjoy this as a family a bit more often, now!


POTD 9/11/10: Leiden was playing with her penny stash this morning and this is what she came up with. That's a rocket ship, planets, the sun, and I believe a star.
A close up of Saturn. Look at those 3-dimensional rings!
Miriam 9/12/10: Mimi's a sitting pro these days. She does get awfully frustrated, though, and eventually ends up pitching herself backwards to end the monotony.
POTD 9/12/10: I feel like I go through phases with which kid gets the most pictures taken. I have so few of Mac lately--I take more than I show here, but her hair is always in her face, and there's usually something on her face, so they're not always the prettiest pictures. In this one, at least her hair is out of her face, although it is dirty!
Miriam 9/13/10: We started braving the hard floor with Mimi sitting up, and guaranteed she has gone straight backwards a couple times. This particular moment, she's more liable to conk her forehead!
Miriam 9/14/10: She's getting much better at picking things up between forefinger and thumb.
And has figured out how to get it in her mouth! Hooray! I think she's bugged that she can't feed herself as quickly as someone else can feed her, though. When she's being fed, it's pretty much us shoveling the food in. Open mouth, swallow. Open mouth, swallow. Chewing and having to use your own hands slows the works down.
POTD 9/14/10: My own version of Cafe Rio salad. Meh. It was okay, but I just can't get the tomatillo salad dressing to taste right. Which is unfortunate, because it's lovely.

3 comments:

David said...

Good to see Mac again. I thought she had gone and joined the circus.

Macdonalds said...

I miss you guys!

Emily said...

Ok, it must be obvious to everyone and I just got it, but holy cow! Mac is your mini-me, Mercedes!!!