Monday, July 18, 2011

Grandma's House!

We're finally at Grandma's house!  Mac still has her cough, but we're trying to be careful around Grandpa so he doesn't get sick. 

I love In-N-Out burger.  I know a lot of people like other burger places better, but for me it's nostalgic as well as delicious.  We would always go there on our trips to California.  I remember the burgers being so fresh the meat was hot and the lettuce and tomato were still cold.  Mmmm.  Now that they've cropped up all over SLC, I wanted to go.  We got to today and I hadn't been yet, and I kind of had a panic attack that it wasn't going to happen.  So I sort of laid down the law and said that we were getting lunch there.  After a couple hours swimming in the neighborhood pool by Grandma's, we headed over there and Grandpa even came with us!  His first outing to a public place since the surgery.  I cringed every time he touched a door handle!  Emily met us there with the boys and we had lunch.


Tonight was family BBQ at Grandma's, and unfortunately it was a little chilly outside--relatively.  Just this side of too chilly for sprinklers, anyway.  Did that bother Mimi?  Nope.  She would wander into the sprinkler, get soaking wet, and then wander around shivering.  And repeat.  We stayed at Grandma's tonight, so she got to go to bed on time, and left the rest of us to enjoy the evening.  It has been exhausting keeping an eye on her this trip.  After her big head bash a couple weeks ago, I have been literally following her around with my arms out to catch her.  We haven't had any more awful falls, but she has little falls and stumbles all the time.  I really can only relax when she's in her high chair eating or when she's asleep.  We're nearing the 3 week mark, so hopefully we're okay.


Mimi missed family pictures, which is too bad, but here are the rest of the cousins!


All of us but Grandpa, who wasn't about to submit himself to trying to sit on the stairs with us!


We wanted him to be included, so we had the kids head over by him.


And Mac gave us a couple good shots before she started up her antics.


Leiden is my sweet girl.  She loves her mommy and she's so loved back.


We had such a great time here today.  I feel bad that this trip didn't work out very well on that end, but we're so glad that Grandpa is recovering and that we didn't hinder that.  Keep it up, Grandpa!

No comments: